Title: facebookexternalhit gets 403 on my custom domain — looks like platform-level mitigation (Hobby)
Hi, Meta's Sharing Debugger consistently returns 403 for https://www.michaelfx-community.co.uk with the "could be due to a robots.txt block" message.
What I've already checked:
- robots.txt allows everything and explicitly allows facebookexternalhit, Facebot and meta-externalagent
- Bot Protection is Off, AI Bots set to Allow, Attack Mode is off
- Custom firewall rules "User Agent contains facebookexternalhit → Bypass" are live — Meta still gets 403
- The site loads fine in browsers and returns 200 to other fetchers
- Other projects on my account scrape fine in the Sharing Debugger — only this domain is affected
This matches recent threads where Meta's crawler (AS32934) is blocked by platform-level DDoS mitigation before reaching the project firewall. I'm on Hobby, so I can't add System Bypass rules.
Could someone from the team check the platform-level mitigation for michaelfx-community.co.uk and exclude Meta's crawler? I'm running Facebook ads to this domain, so it's fairly urgent. Thanks!
