Hello everyone, I’m using Vercel Hobby for a small internal lead-scanner project. The scanner uses AI Gateway for image and handwriting recognition. The technical setup is working:
- AI_GATEWAY_API_KEY is configured in Production
- the server function detects the key correctly
- AI Gateway authentication is available
- AI Gateway credit balance: $5.00
- default payment method: Visa Debit
- the same debit card is also used through Apple Pay However, every actual AI Gateway request is rejected with: “AI Gateway requires a valid credit card on file to service requests.”
I do not have a traditional credit card. What confuses me is that I already have a $5.00 AI Gateway balance, but I still cannot use the Gateway at all. Could someone clarify:
- Is a Visa Debit card currently unsupported for AI Gateway?
- Can prepaid AI Gateway credits be used without a traditional credit card?
- Is there any way for a Hobby account to be manually enabled in this situation?
- Is there a workaround other than moving the AI request directly to another provider? The use case is very small-scale: OCR / handwriting recognition for an internal lead-scanning web app. Thanks in advance for any clarification. Best regards, Frank