π Hey Vercel Community β Iβm DEV ZIKKY TECH π³π¬β‘
Hi everyone! π
Iβm DEV ZIKKY TECH, a developer and tech enthusiast from Nigeria π³π¬, building projects around the web, APIs, AI, automation, bots, and developer tools.
Iβm someone who enjoys learning by actually building things. Instead of waiting until I know everything, I usually start with an idea, open a terminal, experiment, break things, debug them, learn from the errors, and keep going until I have something useful. π§βπ»β‘
A lot of my development work happens from my phone using Termux, which has taught me to be creative with limited resources and to understand what is actually happening behind the tools I use.
π§βπ» What I Build
My projects cover a pretty wide range:
π€ AI applications and assistants π§ Email tools and APIs π Web applications β‘ Automation systems π¬ WhatsApp and Telegram bots π Manga and content readers π REST and GraphQL APIs ποΈ Database-backed applications π¨ Responsive interfaces and UI experiments βοΈ Cloud deployments π API authentication and sessions π οΈ Developer utilities
My current toolbox includes technologies and platforms such as JavaScript, Node.js, Python, HTML/CSS, Express.js, REST APIs, GraphQL, AI/LLMs, Git, GitHub, Vercel, Render, Netlify, Supabase, Firebase, Firestore, Canvas, Termux, and more.
Iβm constantly adding to that toolbox. π§°
π Some of My Projects
π€ ZIKKY AI
ZIKKY AI is my AI platform where I experiment with AI assistants, multiple AI models, coding help, and features such as text-to-speech.
One of the things I enjoy about AI development is figuring out how different models and services can work together rather than depending on a single provider.
π ZIKKY AI: "zikkyai.xo.je"
π§ ZMAIL Drop
ZMAIL Drop is a free temporary mailbox service designed to make disposable email simple.
The idea is straightforward: open an inbox, use it when needed, and move on without unnecessary account creation or complicated interfaces.
Building it has involved working with APIs, temporary sessions, inboxes, message retrieval, frontend design, deployment, and service integration.
π ZMAIL Drop: "zmaildrop.vercel.app"
βοΈ ZMAIL Studio
ZMAIL Studio is my email-focused workspace and API project.
It includes reusable email templates, a rich editor, live previews, image support, and a server-side sending API.
This project has also given me experience with API authentication, server-side credentials, request validation, email delivery, and building interfaces around developer APIs.
π ZMAIL Studio: "zmail.zone.id"
π ZIKKY Manga Hub
I also built ZIKKY Manga Hub, a manga reading project focused on providing a clean reading experience with features such as downloads and bookmarking.
This project taught me more about content-based web applications, responsive interfaces, deployment, and working with external data sources.
π ZIKKY Manga Hub: "zikkymangahub.onrender.com"
π¬ ZQUOTE
ZQUOTE is a developer API for generating Telegram-style quote images.
It accepts information such as a username, message, and optional avatar, then generates a shareable rendered quote image.
It also includes a live tester and examples for developers using tools such as cURL, JavaScript, and Python.
π ZQUOTE: "zquote-tau.vercel.app"
β° ZDROPMAIL Token Reminder
I also built a small automation project for keeping track of service-token expiration.
It uses GitHub Actions + Node.js + an email API to automatically send reminders during the final days before a token expires.
It was a simple project, but it gave me practical experience with cron schedules, UTC/Lagos timezone conversion, automated workflows, API requests, and scheduled email delivery.
π§ Why I Build
Most of my projects start with a simple thought:
Β«βThere should be an easier way to do this.βΒ»
Sometimes it's an annoying problem. Sometimes it's an idea I want to experiment with. Sometimes I simply want to understand how something works.
I don't always start with a perfect architecture or a huge plan.
I start.
Then I learn.
Then I improve it.
That process has taught me a lot about APIs, authentication, databases, sessions, rate limits, deployments, cloud platforms, frontend design, backend systems, and debugging.
And debugging is a huge part of development. π
I've had projects fail because of dependency issues, deployment problems, API changes, expired services, database limits, timezone mistakes, configuration errors, and things that worked perfectly on my machine but failed somewhere else.
Every one of those problems became another lesson. π§
β‘ Building From Nigeria π³π¬
I'm based in Nigeria and build primarily around the Africa/Lagos timezone.
I'm especially interested in proving that you don't need an enormous setup to start creating useful software.
Sometimes all you need is:
π± A phone π» A terminal π§ An idea π An internet connection π₯ And enough patience to debug the inevitable errors
That's a big part of my development journey.
π± Still Learning
I don't consider myself someone who knows everything.
I'm still learning software engineering, system architecture, backend development, cloud infrastructure, AI, security, databases, and many other areas.
What I do have is curiosity.
When I don't understand something, I try to investigate it.
When something breaks, I try to understand why.
When an idea seems difficult, I try building a smaller version first.
And when something finally works, I try to understand what made it work.
That's the approach I want to keep developing.
π Find My Work
You can explore my projects through my portfolio and individual applications.
Portfolio: ZIKKY Tech Portfolio AI: ZIKKY AI Email: ZMAIL Studio Temporary Email: ZMAIL Drop Manga: ZIKKY Manga Hub Developer API: ZQUOTE
I'm also active around GitHub and enjoy experimenting with new technologies, APIs, deployment platforms, and ideas.
π€ Why Iβm Here
I'm joining the Vercel community because I want to learn from other developers, share what I'm building, discover better ways to deploy and structure applications, and hopefully help other developers when I can.
I'm especially interested in discussions around:
β‘ Vercel deployments π§βπ» JavaScript & Node.js π€ AI applications π APIs βοΈ Cloud infrastructure π¨ Web UI ποΈ Databases π Automation π Debugging real-world problems
I'm still on the journey, and I expect there will be plenty more projects, experiments, mistakes, and lessons ahead.
For me, development isn't about pretending to know everything.
It's about being willing to figure things out.
Build β Break β Learn β Fix β Improve β Ship. π
That's DEV ZIKKY TECH.
π³π¬ Built from Nigeria. Built with curiosity. Built to learn. β‘
β DEV ZIKKY TECH
π My links
ZMAIL Drop β zmaildrop.vercel.app
ZIKKY Tech Portfolio β zikkytech.xo.je
ZMAIL Studio β zmail.zone.id
ZIKKY Manga Hub β zikkymangahub.onrender.com
ZQUOTE β zquote-tau.vercel.app
[Tiktok β
](https://www.tiktok.com/devzikky/)
[Instagram β
](https://www.instagram.com/devzikky/)
Thank you for reading π‘.