Can I get confirmation this isn't being incorrectly routed on the backend?
Leaderboard Winner
Hi Pallav,
I wouldn’t take the display name mismatch alone as proof that the backend is routing to the wrong model, but it is definitely worth reporting because the model catalog/API should not label openai/gpt-oss-20b as GPT OSS 120B.
A useful way to separate “display metadata bug” from “routing bug” would be to compare the two model IDs directly:
If only the name field is wrong but the IDs, endpoints, pricing/context fields, and generation records differ correctly, then it is probably a catalog/display bug. If the 20B ID returns the same endpoint/pricing/usage behavior as 120B, then that is stronger evidence of a routing/config issue.
For a clean bug report, I’d include:
model id: openai/gpt-oss-20b
incorrect name returned: GPT OSS 120B
timestamp:
output from /v1/models for both 20B and 120B:
generationId from one tiny test request, if available: