I’m experiencing exactly the same issue discussed here with Supabase Auth in v0.
In the embedded preview, I constantly get the banner:
“Browser Restriction Detected , Found authentication libraries used in the generated code, which might not work as expected in the embedded preview due to browser restrictions. To see the preview, open in a new tab.”
This makes it impossible to properly test authentication inside v0 itself, and breaks the development workflow. Opening everything in a new tab every time isn’t a viable long-term solution when building serious projects.
I also want to say that I genuinely understand how much work must have gone into the new version of the platform, and I really appreciate the ambition behind it. v0 has honestly been the best AI-assisted development platform I’ve used compared to alternatives like Bolt or Lovable — which is exactly why this situation is frustrating.
Right now though, the fact that the old v0 can no longer be used to create new projects, while the new version still has major blockers like this, puts users in a very difficult position. On my side, it’s currently preventing production-level development.
I say this respectfully, but transparently: if this isn’t addressed soon, it risks pushing many users toward competing tools — and I’m personally starting to consider that as well, which is unfortunate because I’d much rather keep building with v0.
I hope the moderators and the v0/Vercel team can escalate this internally and let us know whether a fix or workaround is coming. Thanks for looking into such an important issue.