Hello Vercel Community,
I’m a Team Owner on a Hobby plan, preparing a production deployment. Before releasing, I want to confirm that my existing Vercel CLI authentication can safely perform Production Rollback and Alias operations.
Here is what I’ve verified:
- Vercel CLI version: 59.5.0.
- My Team Owner role and read-only project access are confirmed.
- The current production deployment and rollback target are available.
- vercel api /v5/user/tokens/current returned HTTP 400 when the CLI automatically included a teamId parameter.
- Running vercel whoami from an unlinked directory exited with code 1, without a confirmed error cause.
My questions are:
- Is there an officially supported, non-destructive way to verify rollback and alias mutation permissions for the currently authenticated CLI session?
- Does Team Owner access combined with successful read-only project queries conclusively establish mutation permissions, or can token scope or project policies impose additional restrictions?
- Is there a safe way to inspect current CLI token scope without exposing or regenerating credentials?
- On the Hobby plan, what is the safest way to confirm that the immediately previous production deployment can be restored after a new release?
I do not want to modify production routing, perform a rollback, or replace existing credentials during verification.
Any guidance from Vercel engineers or experienced users would be appreciated. Thank you!