When using the vercel CLI for vercel blob create-store, it syncs the dev environment variables. This is a really poor choice and leads to a lot of time being wasted.
Most of my environment variables are secrets. therefore they cannot be sync'd automatically to local environments. and worse, it removes variables from .env.local that are marked as secrets!
At the very least, the sync should be non-destructive - only add/alter, never delete.
Better still would not be to automatically do something as part of a completely different action. In this case i asked for a production blob store, there is no way i should have to anticipate that this action would delete all my local secrets.
.env.local is not checked in to repos of course and therefore deleting all of my secrets from my .env.local is extremely painful to recreate. I now back these up in a different folder.
I love Vercel, I really do. it's usually a real time saver, but today it wasted me several hours of ops work!