Hi Vercel team,
I'm trying to connect my first-ever custom domain to Vercel:
This is an is-a.dev subdomain that I registered through the is-a.dev GitHub repository. I have never previously used or added this domain to any Vercel account.
When I add mohitlamba.is-a.dev to my Vercel project, Vercel shows:
"This domain is registered with another Vercel account. Verify DNS ownership to claim it."
It then asks me to add this TXT record:
Type: TXT Name: _vercel Value: vc-domain-verify=is-a.dev,4211d4a455c8f6712caf
The problem is that this requires modifying _vercel.is-a.dev, but I only control the delegated subdomain mohitlamba.is-a.dev. I do not control the parent is-a.dev DNS zone.
I believe this is a domain verification/PSL handling issue.
The current Public Suffix List includes is-a.dev, and Vercel staff have previously confirmed that is-a.dev is a recognized public suffix.
Could you please check why my account is still being asked to verify _vercel.is-a.dev instead of providing a verification method scoped to mohitlamba.is-a.dev?
I have attached a screenshot of the Vercel "Claim Domain Ownership" dialog.
Thank you.