Hello Vercel Community,
I’m experiencing inconsistent API access through the Vercel MCP integration for an existing private staging project.
I am the confirmed Owner of the Vercel team, and the project is visible and accessible in my dashboard.
Observed behavior:
- GET project without explicit team scope: HTTP 200.
- GET the same project with its explicit teamId: HTTP 404.
- List deployments with explicit projectId and teamId: HTTP 403.
- Team-scoped project listing omits the staging project.
- Previous Preview deployments are visible and marked READY in the dashboard.
The project exists and its environment variables can be read when team scope is omitted.
What I need help with:
- Could this be an MCP integration scoping or authorization issue?
- Why would requests fail when supplying the project’s actual team ID?
- How can I restore reliable access with an explicit team scope?
- Is there a recommended way to verify deployment permissions for a staging project without risking Production?
We have intentionally stopped deployment attempts until the inconsistency is resolved.
Our Production environment must remain unchanged.
Thank you for your assistance.