Hi Vercel team,
I’m having a custom-domain verification/connectivity issue with my Vercel project.
Vercel project: neeracakesandmore
Production deployment: neeracakesandmore.vercel.app
Custom domains:
neeracakesandmore.comwww.neeracakesandmore.com
The .vercel.app deployment works correctly, but both custom domains are showing Invalid Configuration in Vercel and do not load correctly.
DNS configuration
The domain is registered with Truehost Nigeria, with DNS managed externally by Cloudoon.
Current nameservers:
ns1.cloudoon.comns2.cloudoon.netns3.cloudoon.org
For the apex domain, Vercel's current vercel domains verify command recommends:
- A
@→216.198.79.1 - A
@→64.29.17.1
Both records are publicly resolving.
For www, Vercel recommends:
- CNAME
www→4f5c61a345ea02e1.vercel-dns-017.com
That CNAME is also publicly resolving.
I verified the DNS using multiple public DNS resolvers, including Google DNS, Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 and OpenDNS.
Vercel CLI results
vercel domains verify neeracakesandmore.com --project neeracakesandmore
reports:
DNS Configuration: Invalid Project: Verified
and recommends:
@ A → 216.198.79.1
@ A → 64.29.17.1
For www, verification recommends:
www CNAME → 4f5c61a345ea02e1.vercel-dns-017.com
However, vercel domains inspect appears to show an older recommendation involving 76.76.21.21, which seems inconsistent with the current verification output.
Additional testing
The DNS records are publicly visible and resolving correctly.
The Vercel .vercel.app domain works, but the custom domains do not establish the expected connection.
I have also tried resolving/testing against the Vercel IPs directly, but the HTTPS connection does not complete from my network.
Important existing DNS records
This domain also has existing email DNS records that must remain intact, including MX, SPF, DKIM and DMARC records.
I therefore do not want to change the nameservers or remove unrelated DNS records unless Vercel can confirm that a specific change is actually required.
What I need help with
Could someone from Vercel please check the domain/project configuration and confirm why Vercel is reporting Invalid Configuration even though the current recommended DNS records are publicly resolving?
In particular, could you check whether this is related to:
- The domain's verification state on Vercel
- The domain being attached to the project
- The newer Vercel IP addresses versus the older
76.76.21.21recommendation - A Vercel-side edge/certificate/connectivity issue
I would appreciate confirmation of the correct configuration before I make any further DNS changes.
Thank you.