Hey everyone,
I wanted to share some thoughts and start an honest discussion about the current state of v0 and where many of us as developers are heading next.
Over the past few days, it has become increasingly clear that the platform's direction has shifted heavily toward monetization, often at the direct expense of core user experience and workflow productivity. Manual editing limitations—with no clear communication or roadmap on whether essential workflows are coming back—are making daily development slower and more frustrating.
As a Pro user who regularly tops up extra credits every month and relies heavily on AI-assisted UI generation for serious institutional and production-grade projects (including migrating a full university campus management system), hitting these roadblocks constantly is a productivity killer. When a platform turns into a strict money-making machine while ignoring user friction, it's time for us as developers to look at alternatives.
Exploring the Alternatives: Why I'm Moving to Dyad After testing out a few options, I’ve started migrating my workflow over to Dyad.
If you haven’t checked it out yet, here is what makes it worth a serious look: Seamless Ecosystem Integration: It connects smoothly with Vercel, making deployment effortless. Database Flexibility: Native and robust support for Supabase and Neon DB, which is a game-changer for handling complex schemas, migrations, and backend states. Developer Control: It gives back the granular control and editing freedom that has been missing lately.
My Migration Plan I’ve already successfully shifted one of my smaller testing projects over to Dyad to test the waters and evaluate its reliability. As I get more comfortable, my entire university main project is going to be fully transitioned over.
It’s unfortunate to leave behind a tool I used heavily as a Pro subscriber, but developers go where productivity and transparency live.
Curious to hear from the rest of the community: Have you hit the same walls with manual editing and credits? What alternatives are you currently testing out or migrating to? Let's discuss below!