https://vercel.com/docs/limits#websockets
I’m so confused.
https://vercel.com/guides/do-vercel-serverless-functions-support-websocket-connections This article doesn’t explicitly say whether websockets are actually supported or not.
https://vercel.com/blog/an-introduction-to-streaming-on-the-web#streaming-on-vercel This article says vercel supports web streams. It was written on Jun 22, 2023.

But then we have this comment:
https://community.vercel.com/t/websoket-connection-detail/756/2
But if you can’t keep a connection for too long and the whole point of streaming responses is to allow for responses that take too long, what’s even the point?
And then we have this:
https://community.vercel.com/t/can-sse-be-implemented-with-only-next-js-api-routes/11063/3
If server sent events are supported now thanks to fliud compute, my understanding is that websockets are too? But I don’t see that explicitly said anywhere. In fact, if anything, I see the opposite:
https://vercel.com/docs/limits#websockets

This article was last updated on October 22, 2025, and according to the https://vercel.com/docs/fluid-compute#enabling-fluid-compute article
“As of April 23, 2025, fluid compute is enabled by default for new projects“.
Maybe this info in the limits article is outdated? Or are websockets actually not yet supported?
