Hello Vercel Team!
I'd like to clarify whether a private, single-user internal automation application is eligible for the free Hobby plan.
My use case:
-
I am the sole user of the application.
-
It is an internal automation dashboard, not a public-facing business website or SaaS.
-
I do not sell the application or provide access to customers.
-
There are no subscriptions, ads, affiliate links, or payment processing within the application.
-
The application helps automate my personal workflow, including generating educational worksheets.
-
Some of the worksheets produced by this tool will be sold separately on Teachers Pay Teachers, an external marketplace.
I understand that the Hobby plan is intended for non-commercial personal use.
My main question is:
Does using a private, single-user application to support a revenue-generating activity count as commercial use under Vercel's Hobby plan policy, even when the application itself is not monetized or offered to customers?
If Hobby is not permitted for this use case, would it still be allowed for development and testing using non-commercial sample outputs?
I'd appreciate clarification from a Vercel team member or a link to the relevant official policy.
Thank you!