Greetings,
I’ve got notified by Vercel that my website service might be distrupted due to an increase in usage. The usage in question is Edge Requests. I’ve had no real change in traffic recently so this caught me by surprise. After looking at my dashboard it became evident that the number of edge requests spiked heavily on 21st of December.
I decided to look at my codebase and noticed this is the day I bumped my packages to go from Next.js 15 to Next.js 16: [Work] 1.04 repos and some minor bug fixes by Sludging · Pull Request #293 · Sludging/idleon-efficiency · GitHub.
I looked up online and it seems to be an issue reported by others as well: Server requests and latency increased after upgrading from Next.js 15 to 16 · Issue #85470 · vercel/next.js · GitHub .
Is it possible to get some assurance my service won’t be distruped while this issue is being worked on? As it’s not clear from that currently open issue if there are any mitigation strategies I can take (considering I simply use output: 'export' for a fully static website).
Any help and advice will be appreciated.
